Six Biggest Mistakes Homeowners Make When Selling Their Home
Preparing your home for the market can be a stressful process. However, avoiding these common mistakes will make the home selling process a lot smoother.
1. Picking the wrong agent. The right agent is going to answer their phone when you call, get back to you in a timely manner, be professional, and know the homes in your market based on experience. The right agent is also going to be honest and straightforward with you, rather than agreeing with everything you say and telling you what you want to hear.
2.Overpricing your home. Price is everything when marketing your home. Even a well-priced home with a bad marketing plan will sell, it will just take a bit longer.
3. Failing to make simple repairs. You know the ones. If the dog chewed something up or if there are minor damages that a buyer would spot instantly, make those repairs before listing.
4. Neglecting to declutter your home. Buyers start their home searches online and if the pictures of your home are showing off all your stuff instead of the areas of your home, there is a good chance buyers won’t even come look at it. Get some boxes, pack up your stuff, and store it in the garage or a storage pod so it won’t get in the way of pictures or showings.
5. Not allowing adequate access to your home. I’ve found that for every 10 times a seller says they can’t show the home on a certain day, eight out of 10 of those buyers won’t come back or their agents won’t ask to reschedule. It’s very important that your home is show ready at all times and you can get agents in and out when they want to see it, instead of when it’s most convenient for you
6. Getting super emotional about your house. Sellers can sometimes still be very attached to their homes, which I understand, but when you go to sell you need to think of the house as a property, not your home. If you get a lowball offer or if somebody wants to come in and remodel it, you should be okay with it as long as they pay you what you want for it.
Click here to find out how much your home is worth
And if you want to talk in a bit more detail about your Real Estate needs give me a call at (321) 340-2555. I have my finger on the pulse of the Orlando market, and I'm here to help.
Post a Comment