Do You Know What People Most Often Forget During Their Move?
No matter how carefully home buyers do their homework, certain tasks on the home-buying to-do list often fall through the cracks. Too often homeowners find themselves so excited about the purchase of their new home that they forget the little things.
To keep that stressful situation from unfolding, here are a few essential items that everyone tends to forget when moving
- Banks - Check your new city to see if your bank has a branch nearby. If not, you may need to switch banks; this is especially true if your bank is regional. Don’t forget to grab anything you have in your safety deposit box, as well
- Medical Needs - If you can, have your current doctor call in prescriptions to a pharmacy in your new town. This will give you time to pick out the right doctor—not just one that is available. Keep your old doctor’s number so you can contact them when you need paperwork forwarded to your new doctor. If you’re keeping your health insurance plan, look for doctors in your new area that will accept it. If you need to switch providers or update your plan, try to do so before you move.
- Things to Transfer - normally resign or transfer memberships from any local organizations, gyms, associations, and clubs. Be aware that canceling before your membership has completed can result in early termination fees.
- Factor it into your moving costs and move on - And just for safekeeping, ask the school system to make copies of all your children’s records for you to take with you.
- Raid the Kitchen - About a month before moving, be sure to start using up any frozen goods so that you avoid waste. Also, use up, give away, or donate any unopened food in your pantry. These items can be bulky and heavy to transport.
- Check the Car - Tune up the car to avoid a breakdown on the way to your new home. If you have a trusted mechanic, ask if they can refer you to another near your new address. If it’s a long road
Moving is never easy, but hopefully, these tips make things a little easier. If you have any questions about buying or selling your home, or if you have a topic you’d like us to cover in one of these videos, give us a call, or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!
Click here for all available Orlando homes for sale
Or here to find out how much is your home worth
And if you want to talk in a bit more detail about your Real Estate needs give me a call at (321) 340-2555. I have my finger on the pulse of the Orlando market, and I'm here to help.
Post a Comment